Monday, August 22, 2011

Yes, I do windows.


Had I only known at the beginning of the project how tedious window sash repair is, I would have gone for replacements on the first floor, as I did on the second. Of course, even at that, I wish I had decided on replacements for the second floor BEFORE I repaired all the sash up there.
But, all good things must come to an end, and I have taken out the glass from the sash of two more windows, and will now scrape, repair, repaint and reglaze. When this is done, only two more windows left!

1 comment:

  1. I understand your frustration. It's a very time consuming job to keep up with period windows. But I've found that it's worth every bit of effort.

    Daily, I notice more and more period windows succumbing to replacement sash. For me, it's like someone has gouged out the eyes of an old house.

    ReplyDelete