Sunday, May 21, 2017

Free Chairs?

Finished! 

When I say I am taking care of some long-dormant projects, I really mean it. This pair of chairs is finally finished. 
I realized when looking over the old pictures that I have had them since at least 2012.  These chairs were originally donated to a fundraiser, and no one wanted them. The owner didn't want to take them home, and asked me to take them. I did so reluctantly. After various peregrinations between garage, cellar and attic, 

I felt a start would be to at least repair and prep them. This caused somewhat of  a dilemma, as described in an older post:





This type of chair, common in the Pennsylvania area, have various names: Yoke back, plank seat, lyre back and fiddle back (depending on the shape of the splat). Among one group they are called "Schnader" chairs, due to a collection of designs painted by a Mr. Schnader of Pennsylvania in the 1940s.

Typical chair design (source unknown)

 
Base coat of salmon pink



I always liked the bold colorful designs, and had some patterns to work from. But when it finally came time to start painting them, I simply went my own way, creating an original design by building up element by element.

Start of banding and striping

Building up a design (you can see I multi-task)


An original design!


While the design is not an authentic re-creation, it does provide a colorful pair of chairs ready for use, rather than incomplete and nagging at me. Note to self: don't be too willing when someone offers you free furniture!




1 comment:

  1. It's therefore beautifully cartier replica uk although not overdone, which i frequently discovered personally switching this with regard to absolutely no valid reason besides with regard to real tag heuer replica sale pleasure. With regard to each wrist watches, the actual anklet bracelets tend to be breitling replica from exactly the same 316L or even 904L metal since the instances and also have already been completed to complement top of the the main lugs. The actual bracelets' integration upon both cartier replica is really great, it is nearly uncanny. They're each amply versatile as well as nor tag heuer replica uk below any kind of conditions proven indicators associated with undesirable rubbing or even obtaining trapped from any kind of combined. Each hublot replica anklet bracelets possess strong finish hyperlinks, obviously, as well as each additionally function superbly tapered external hyperlinks which begin from the situation as well as taper with the very first handful of series.

    ReplyDelete