Tuesday, November 12, 2019

End of the Season

Bringing the doorstep pumpkin home for the winter. Well, for the compost pile.

When fall arrives, it's time to start thinking about when to close up the house in Maine. Usually, there are spells of weather so good that you keep saying "well, maybe I'll just wait another week". And invariably, immediately afterwards the weather turns bitter and cold, usually with some freezing rain in the mix. Once again, I had planned a long close-up weekend, and then the forecast was for a week of record cold. So I made the one day journey to close up, take home the things that I needed back home, as well as those that should not be left in the cold, cold house.

You'd think after all these years I'd learn my lesson and not keep trying to extend the season.

1 comment:

  1. Great article and information’s are very very helpful. thanks for sharing .. custom pet pillow

    ReplyDelete