Monday, February 9, 2015

Summer Painting Revisited

While snowbound I am pursuing my resolution to finish up those artworks that never quite got done. A side benefit is that it allows me to mentally revisit more pleasant weather.
This painting was started during one of the Artists Guild ofShrewsbury's plein air painting days at the Artemas Ward Homestead in Shrewsbury.

I enjoy the initial blocking in of a painting far more than the finishing details (perhaps I should change my style to this look). As frustrating as it may be to have something hanging around so long, I find it sometimes helpful as I can spend a lot more time thinking about it, and the painting may evolve in a different direction from my original intention.




Beginning

Second stage



As often happens, I was working on the frame at the same time.


Finished


This is another one started at one of our plein air sessions. It has such a rural look, hard to believe I was located in the parking lot for the retirement facility next door. 
  
I have no trouble getting started.

Some of these elements will be deleted, others added or changed.




Since the property was on the market, there was no activity, but once I got home and revisited it, I felt I needed to take some license to add "life" to it.



 After this, one more large one painting to finish, and then I can start some new works without guilt!



1 comment:

  1. I like the red one. It has more value range. You can just feel the summer air. (Not like right now!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete