Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Visiting the Chihuly Exhibit at MFA, Boston




With the dogs at the groomer's for the day, we had a chance for a day trip to see both the new American wing at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston ( www.mfa.org ), and also see the exhibit of Dale Chihuly glass (www.mfa.org/exhibitions/chihuly).

We had seen his glass at other museums, and the solo show at Rhode Island School of Design a few years ago, so we were looking forward to this. The more I see of his installations, the less sure I am about how much I like them. This exhibit I am sure will rank high on the popularity scale, if only for the brilliant color, glowing in the darkened galleries. But at times, some of the installations, such as the boat filled with glass objects, make me think of a gift shop on steroids.


Worth seeing, and the new American wing was well worth the wait. I loved seeing the old favorites in new settings and juxtapositions.


But now my feet are tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment