Monday, February 17, 2014

Snow Birds

The feeder by the sunroom window has been active (as it usually is when I throw a few handfuls of seeds on the snow). The small birds (finches, I think) gather to feed, and just my shadow in the window is enough to spook them.

There are a number of cardinals about. The female was picking up food, and she doesn't look happy about it.


 
The male was hiding in the bushes, so I had to take the shot through another window (with a screen), so it isn't as sharp..

 
 
This appears to be a robin. I didn't realize they hung around over the winter. These are tough individuals to be making it through the weather we have been having.



1 comment:

  1. I started seeing robins about a month ago. Not sure what they are eating. I don't see them at the feeders.

    Mango Momma

    ReplyDelete